Thank you for visiting our website and considering if Clarity Law might be a good choice to assist you with your criminal law charge in the Caloundra Magistrates Court. We understand the stress and concern you will be feeling about the criminal charge and what will occur. We want to assure you that if you engaged us we will do everything we can to make sure you understand clearly what is likely to happen with your criminal charges, how much exactly you will pay for legal fees and to be there with you at Caloundra court to take care of your criminal charges.
Engaging a good criminal law firm can be difficult, there are many great choices out there. What Clarity Law can offer is that your will have certainly of you fees as we will quote you upfront and the majority of our costs are already listed on the website. We also have the criminal law experience you need, we aren’t a firm that does criminal and other things, we just do criminal law and have done so since 2010. Everyday our lawyers are in the courts dealing with the Magistrates and Judges, negotiating with Prosecutors and assisting clients through the criminal law process. It is this experience that we can bring to your charges. We also understand you want a lawyer that will communicate with you and not just take your money and not return your calls or emails.
For most offences you wont even need to come and see us in person prior to the court date. We can often organize everything by email, telephone or video conference.
Where is Caloundra Court?
3 Gregson Place
Caloundra Qld 4551
8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday
Phone (07) 5293 4100
Fax (07) 5293 4118
The current list of Magistrates at Caloundra are;
Our Local Office
14-18 Duporth Avenue, Maroochydore 4558
Phone: 1300 952 255
Please always phone ahead to book an appointment, due to COVID we can’t accept walk in clients at the current time. We cover all courts in the Sunshine Coast region with criminal law solicitors available to assist you.
Every one of our lawyers is extremely experienced appearing in the Caloundra Magistrates Court every week representing people on a huge range of criminal charges from traffic offences to drug charges, assault charges and stealing and fraud offences.
Belinda Smyth – Client Services Manager
Between our lawyers we have appeared in court thousands of times representing clients with criminal charges.
Since 2010 we have been representing people throughout the Caloundra region who have been charged with criminal offence and needs a good criminal lawyer to represent them. We aren’t a criminal law firm that does criminal law as just one area of law, we do criminal law exclusively.
Our client’s often come to us nervous, worried and needing answers. This is not a time for uncertainty over your future nor the costs you will pay. The stress that a criminal law charge causes to people can be overwhelming, having a lawyer to help will give you a lot of relief.
We strive to give you immediate comprehensive advice and a fixed fee so you can be sure of your legal costs. While we will never be the cheapest we do offer the best value in our humble opinion.
Our prices include;
- full preparation for court and devising strategy to minimise the penalty
- negotiations with the police prosecution unit including obtaining history and charge documents
- preparing for what we will tell the Magistrate
- advising you on how to obtain character references
- all telephone calls and emails
- detailed information to you on the penalty and information on what will happen at court and afterwards
- appearing in the court with you to conduct a guilty plea
What areas of Criminal Law do you undertake?
We do every area of criminal law. This includes;
- Drug Possession
- Driving Offences
- Centrelink Fraud
- Bail Applications
- Public Order Offences
- Other Criminal Offences
- Obstruct or Assault Police
- DVO Breaches
- Sexual offences
- Weapon Charges
Why should I choose you and not just represent myself?
We understand that many people do just represent themselves in court rather than engaging a criminal law firm. The duty lawyer will often represent people for free however understand that the duty lawyer is often very busy and can only spend a few minutes with each defendant. They cannot possibly fully prepare each matter and consider all the variables.
We get calls every week from people who have represented themselves and had a terrible outcome and are now desperate to try and do something to overturn the decision. Just some of the reasons to engage Clarity Law as your criminal lawyer includes;
- We have appeared in Caloundra hundreds of times this means we know what the Magistrates want to hear to minimise the penalty
- We can often get no conviction recorded so you are not impacted financially in the future by having your job prospects restricted or travel plans affected due to having a conviction recorded
- We are there to look after your interests, neither the Magistrates nor the Police Prosecutor is going to do that, you need someone on your side
- We can take you through the whole process so you are not worried what will occur in Caloundra court as we would have explained everything to you and will be with you at court to assist you. This will dramatically reduce your stress levels
- Engaging us shows the court you are taking your charges seriously
Links that may be of assistance
How to get in Contact with us
If you want to engage us or just need further information or no obligation advice then you can either;
- use our contact form and we will contact you by email or phone at a time that suits you
- call us on 1300 952 255 seven days a week, 7am to 7pm
If I contacted you what would occur?
If you contact Clarity Law then Steven Brough the firm’s founder or our client services manager Belinda Smyth will take the call or receive the email. They have over 40 years legal experience between them, we can provide immediate legal assistance and answer any questions you have. You won’t need to explain everything to a receptionist just so they pass the message on to someone that can help you. We will discuss your case, provide guidance and send a quote by email with additional relevant information about your criminal charge, all at no cost and no obligation.
If you want to engage us then it’s easy, there is a form you can complete and email back or complete online. If you don’t want to engage us or want to engage another firm that’s fine, you won’t be hassled and at worst you will just have more information about your charge. Once engaged one of our lawyers will go through your matter and contact you to discuss what the best way forward is to achieve the best results.
More Criminal Law Information
- Shoplifting in Queensland
- Quick Guide to Assault Occasioning Bodily Harm
- Negotiating with a Prosecutor in Queensland
- Mandatory Community Service for Certain Offences
- What is a QP9 and why is it important to your charge?
- Defences to an Assault Charge
- Court Character References
- Declining a Police Interview
- The difference between a conviction and non-conviction